Episode 13 of Chris Kresser’s podcast is a good interview of Dr. Emily Deans.
Mr. Kresser said:
Dr. Emily Deans’ Evolutionary Psychiatry blog has quickly become one of my favorites over the past year. It’s rare to find a psychiatrist that acknowledges the role of nutrition in mental and behavioral health at all, much less one that approaches these topics from an evolutionary perspective.
This week Dr. Deans joins us on the podcast to discuss the role of Paleo nutrition in mental health. Topics covered include:
- The link between diet and Alzheimer’s
- Can nutritional changes effect depression?
- Does gastric bypass surgery lead to mental health issues?
- Can gluten intolerance induce mental disorders?
- What role does the “modern lifestyle” play in the increasing prevalence of mental health problems?
- How does an individual’s mental state influence his/her biology?
- Does iron deficiency anemia contribute to mental health problems?
Copyright © 2011 The Healthy Skeptic
Recommended interview!! There is a lot to learn from it!! A lot that will help you and your children have better neurologic and mental health.