How’s your heart rate? I checked mine today after exercising. I got this:
1. Heart rate at 4:30 PM, right after exercising for 45 minutes: 152 bpm.
2. At 4:45 PM, after also doing 150 sit-ups and showering: 92 bpm.
3. At 5:40 PM, after reading while standing up: 68 bpm.
4. At 9:15 PM, after finally finishing eating (a process than can go on for an hour or two): 58 bpm.
My exercise routine today was (with 100 = go 50 yds, make it around a bench/tree, go back):
1. Jog 100, walk 50, jog 100, walk 50, sprint 100, walk 100, sprint 100, walk 100.
2. 10 sets of walking up and down a flight of about 15 steps, straight-arming a 35 lb kettlebell; did some single steps, double steps, single arm, both arms.
3. Did 2 or 3 sets hopping up a step or two at a time while straight-arming the kettlebell (both arms).
4. Played with a kettlebell: swings, clean and jerks, this-and-that.
All done in a Houston summer. Weather records say at 4 PM it was 92 deg F, 46% rel humidity, 29.96 mm Hg. My eyes say it was overcast. This is pretty good as far as Houston goes!
My heart rate after dinner probably would have been higher if I had eaten flour and sugar products — which I assiduously avoid.
Update (8-27-09, 8:00 AM): My heart rate was 50 bpm just a minute ago (after being up for an hour).