Jim Kwik’s speed reading program is one that Sean Croxton recommends. I have not done the course, and don’t know much about it. I’m letting Sean speak for it. Kwik Learning’s ten foundational principles are:
1. People are inherently capable of genius.
2. Our brain can perform at extraordinary levels when properly used and trained, but our brains do not come with an owners manual.
3. Our 20th century assembly line, “one size fits all” education, has left us ill prepared for our fast paced knowledge economy.
4. Exponential technology has led to an unprecedented data explosion, the gap between what we need to learn and the slow pace people learn it, has created massive information anxiety and overwhelm.
5. School teaches ‘what’ to learn (math, history, science, etc), but not ‘how’ to learn.
6. We live in an age of information, where brain has replaced brawn, mind power has replaced muscle power.
7. Your brain is like a muscle, it can grow stronger with proper use. Use it for lose it.
8. Our brains have grown weaker in many key areas due to technology. People have outsourced their brains, memory & thinking to their mobile devices. Smart phones have made us a not so smart.
9. Our brains affect every vital area of your personal and professional life (health, finances, relationships, business, productivity, etc.)
10. The key to data overload and overwhelm is to be a quicker and smarter learner.