Also available on Podcast Addict, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Castbox, Deezer, iHeartRadio, iTunes. And more.
Earth Sciences, #ccerp, #ccerppodcast, #cypress creek, #cypresstx, #foraging, #foragingtexas, #houstontx, #markvorderbruggenMark “Merriwether” Vorderbruggen, Ph.D., joins us to talk about the many and varied benefits of foraging.
1. It saves you money.
2. It adds nutrients to your diet.
3. It adds variety to your diet.
4. It lowers your water bill, fertilizer costs, and landscaping costs.
5. It gets you outdoors in the fresh air and sunshine (Vitamin D!).
6. It makes you move, increasing your mobility, agility, and strength.
7. It “connects” you to your food.
8. It “connects” you to nature.
9. It helps you connect with neighbors and friends.
10. And lots more!! Listen to the interview!
We talk about specific plants in our Cypress Creek area, and learn what and why Mark has in his backyard permaculture garden. Interesting stuff. Fun discussion.